Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Assignment 2

After using some online dictionaries,I feel that these online dictionaries are more
convenient than the paper dictionaries I use before.Because it takes a lot of time
to look up the word in paper the dictionary.
The strengh of the paper dictionary is portable.I can take it to everywhere.And taking a computer is inconvenient.
When I raed the article from CNN,I use the Cambridge Advanced Learner's Dictionary.
It is fast.And the meaning of the word is clear.

Here are five words I look up:

1.humanitarian [noun]
(a person who is) involved in or connected with improving people's lives and reducing suffering


2.epicenter [noun]
the point on the Earth's surface directly above an earthquake or atomic explosion

3.stability [noun]
when something is not likely to move or change

4.juncture [noun]
a particular point in time

5.aftershock [noun]
a sudden movement of the Earth's surface which often follows an earthquake and which is less violent than the first main movement

1 comment:

  1. I'm thinking if one day, all the laptops beome as small as a mobile phone, then, these e-dictionaries will be protale.
    By the way, don't forget to put a "space" after a period.

    ReplyDelete